|Back to the Bay Area
||[ Friday, 05 May 06 | 15:25 ]
I am taking a little trip to the Bay Area for 10 days. I will arrive the night of Thursday, 11 May and I leave the morning of Sunday, 21 May. I hope to see some of you while I am there.
It has been 6 months since I have been in the States. I accomplished a lot here in making this my new home:
- I have plants everywhere including many citrus and herbs that are used in cooking. Plants seem to do well here as the diurnal temperature changes are not great, the humidity is moderate to high, and there is no frost.
- My computer room is about finished now that I have media storage and a photo printer along with a table. My Internet connection is faster and cheaper than it was in the States.
- After waiting for over a year, I finally have assembled my media center with an LCD TV, DVD-R with hard disk, an AM/FM tuner, and loudspeakers with an integrated amplifier.
- Lighting in the salón-comedor, although still in process is just about done. A light sculpture in the living area, a hanging fluorescent over the dining table, and multi-velocity fan with light in between the other two. Pictures will be posted when finished.
- Added more wall hangings and area rugs. Will add a few more this summer.
- I bought an all-terrain bike for exercise. I am lucky that there is a paseo that runs along the beach and it for pedestrians and bikes, no cars.